Minimum System Requirements:
Processor: 400 MHz Intel® Pentium® MMX (1.0 GHz or higher recommended)
Operating System: Windows® 2000, Windows® XP Professional, Windows® XP Home Edition, Windows® Vista Ultimate, Windows® 7, and Windows® 10
Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6 should be installed
Memory: 256 MB (1 GB recommended)
Hard Disk: 500 MB minimum free disk space (700 MB recommended)
Video: 16MB Accelerated Graphics Adaptor (32-64MB – supporting OpenGL technology is recommended) Monitor: 1024×768 or higher is recommended
Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel® Pentium® III (3.0 GHz or higher recommended)
Network: Valid Domain controlled or Workgroup Microsoft windows® Local Area network (LAN). The application is not tested for WAN networks. The network should be running Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) is not supported for now.
Server Operating System: Windows® 2000, Windows® XP Professional, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, Windows® 10, Windows® Server 2003, Windows® Server 2008 (R2), Windows® Server 2012 (R2)
Client Operating System: Windows® 2000, Windows® XP Professional, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, Windows® 10, Windows® Server 2003, Windows® Server 2008 (R2). Windows® Server 2012 (R2) is not supported as a client.
Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6 should be installed on the server machine and on every target client machine.
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
Memory: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
Hard Disk for Server Machine: 1.0 GB minimum free disk space (1.5 GB recommended)
Hard Disk for Client Machines: 500 MB minimum free disk space (700 MB recommended)
Video: 32MB Accelerated Graphics Adaptor (64MB – supporting OpenGL technology is recommended)
Monitor: 1024×768 or higher is recommended.
To Install the Desktop Version:
- Log into your account on the ASI Portal, click on the Downloads Tab and download the SteelSmart® System 7.6 application zip file to your computer. If you do not have access to the Download SSS tab, please contact ASI Customer Service at 919-645-4090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once downloaded, extract the zip file’s contents to your desktop or your own custom location.
- Double click on the SSS application installer to install SteelSmart® System
To Install the Network Version:
- Log into your account on the ASI Portal, click on the Downloads Tab and download SSS Network Installer .zip package.
- Refer to the detailed Network Installation Instructions provided in the .zip package download with the network installer.
To Activate Your License:
- Double-click on the SSS icon to run the program. Note: For network installations, this must be done from the “server machine” used to deploy the network installation.
- This screen will appear prompting you to enter your ASI Portal username and password that was used to purchase your software.
- Click Activate and it will automatically license your installation.
SteelSmart System Basic
Choose from a wide-variety of common curtain wall applications, such as bypass, infill, spandrel, parapet, and opening conditions. Complete the assembly with TSN's connections and Hilti's fasteners.
Optimize load bearing stud elements in low and mid-rise structures. Select fromStandard sections or the optimal SigmaStudsection.
Shear wall design is simplified with the power of SSS 7. Newly added special seismic design requirements provide clients with multiple design options.
Choose from TSN'sPrimeJoistor Standard sections to quickly select a steel-framed floor system.
Design roof rafters and joists quickly and easily with SteelSmartSystem's Roof Module.
Select from a variety of common trusses, or create your own truss to design the members, connections, fasteners, and lateral bracing elements.
Simplify and optimize the design and construction of a short wall or half wall in residential and commercial cold formed steel framing.
SteelSmart System Advanced
The Lateral Load Generator/Distributor tool uses the dimensions and load specification for a building and calculates the total lateral wind and seismic loads according to ASCE 7 Standard “Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures”.
Plots framing layout of the wall and adds the connection design data (clip designation, number of fasteners, embedment, and screw pattern) to the typical connection detail. The drawing also includes framing members’ cross-sections and shapes. The drawing can be exported in AutoCAD;DXF format.
BIM Framing Plugin for Revit
SteelSmart® Framer: Framing Plugin for Revit
The SteelSmart® Framer provides engineers and contractors with a powerful tool to better design, estimate, and communicate light steel framing on projects using Autodesk® Revit® Building Information Modeling (BIM) software. Easily model every stud, track, shear walls, and connector. Export complete material take-off for better estimation and planning of your project.
Advanced Structural Analysis
Extreme Loading for Structures Software or ELS, is an advanced non-linear structural analysis software tool designed specifically for structural engineers. ELS allows structural engineers to study the 3D behavior of structures through both the continuum and discrete stages of loading.