Better Light Steel Framing
ASI’s SteelSmart Framer was developed exclusively for The Steel Network, Inc. (TSN) to provide engineers and contractors with a powerful new tool to better design, estimate, and communicate light steel framing on projects using Autodesk® Revit® Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
- Fully integrated 3-D BIM modelling in Autodesk Revit
- Create wall styles & layouts for standard wall types
- Easily model every stud, track, shear walls, and connectors
- Know exact quantities and lengths for all all light steel framing
- Export complete material take-off to Excel for the whole structure, plus separate panel lists
- Export panel drawings with panel material lists
- Export plan layouts
Basic Software Modules
Choose from a wide-variety of common curtain wall applications, such as bypass, infill, spandrel, parapet, and opening conditions. Complete the assembly with TSN's connections and Hilti's fasteners.
Optimize load bearing stud elements in low and mid-rise structures. Select fromStandard sections or the optimal SigmaStudsection.
Shear wall design is simplified with the power of SSS 7. Newly added special seismic design requirements provide clients with multiple design options.
Choose from TSN'sPrimeJoistor Standard sections to quickly select a steel-framed floor system.
Design roof rafters and joists quickly and easily with SteelSmartSystem's Roof Module.
Select from a variety of common trusses, or create your own truss to design the members, connections, fasteners, and lateral bracing elements.
Simplify and optimize the design and construction of a short wall or half wall in residential and commercial cold formed steel framing.
Advanced Software Modules
The Lateral Load Generator/Distributor tool uses the dimensions and load specification for a building and calculates the total lateral wind and seismic loads according to ASCE 7 Standard “Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures”.
Plots framing layout of the wall and adds the connection design data (clip designation, number of fasteners, embedment, and screw pattern) to the typical connection detail. The drawing also includes framing members’ cross-sections and shapes. The drawing can be exported in AutoCAD;DXF format.
BIM Plugin for Revit
SteelSmart® Framer: Plugin for Revit
The SteelSmart® Framer provides engineers and contractors with a powerful tool to better design, estimate, and communicate light steel framing on projects using Autodesk® Revit® Building Information Modeling (BIM) software. Easily model every stud, track, shear walls, and connector. Export complete material take-off for better estimation and planning of your project.
Advanced Structural Analysis
Extreme Loading for Structures Software or ELS, is an advanced non-linear structural analysis software tool designed specifically for structural engineers. ELS allows structural engineers to study the 3D behavior of structures through both the continuum and discrete stages of loading.
3-D Cloud Based Project Collaboration
Benefits of 3-D Cloud Based Project Collaboration:
- Comprehensive 3-D model that includes all steel framing and connections.
- Review and comment on a full 3-D model from anywhere using your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Project plans are updated instantly for the entire team to ensure the most accurate information.
- Improved quality and accuracy in the field.
Benefits of Steel Framing:
- Lower Costs – Steel framing has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any building system, results in no hidden construction costs related to fire safety for combustible framing systems, and results in lower insurance rates.
- Increased ROI – Quicker & easier installation with completely straight studs and joists mean less time on the jobsite. Also there are no hight or floor size restrictions allowing for maximal use of land footprint.
- Resists High Seismic & Wind Conditions – Steel is an inherently stable, manufactured material that is both consistent and ductile making it more efficient than wood in withstanding such major events as fire, earthquake & high wind.
- Corrosion Resistance – The protective zinc coating over cold-formed steel will last nearly 700 years before the level of corrosion resistance deteriorates.
- Mold Resistance – Steel does not retain water and unlike wood framing, cold-formed steel is inorganic and won’t provide a source for mold and mildew.
- Resists Termites & Pests –Termites represent a significant threat to the long-term resilience of a building throughout most of the U.S. CFS is one of the few materials that can resist termites in nearly any climate or building type.
- Does Not Burn – The performance of steel components and steel structures in fire has been researched more extensively than any other building material. Cold-formed steel does not burn and will not contribute to the spread or intensity of a fire.