SteelSmart Structural Design Software Suite for Light Steel Framing
The SteelSmart® Structural Design Suite provides construction professionals with the structural design software tools engineered for the fast and accurate design and detailing of light steel framing (LSF) studs and connectors. SteelSmart raises the bar for the design and analysis of cold formed steel (CFS) by seamlessly integrating the well-known analytic power of its predecessors with additional functionality and accessibility.
SteelSmart® System (SSS) provides structural engineers with a structural design software tool engineered for optimal design and detailing of light steel framing studs, joists, shear walls, knee walls, roof trusses, roof rafters, openings, and connectors.
SteelSmart® Framer (SSF) provides designers with a powerful tool to better design, estimate, and communicate light steel framing on projects using Autodesk® Revit® Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
SteelSmart Software Packages:
Available as a complete suite, SteelSmart software will streamline light steel framing design and shop drawing production through the design and detailing of members, connections, and fasteners. The following design software modules are available:
SteelSmart SystemSSS Basic
- Curtain Wall – Design non-axial-load-bearing walls
- Load Bearing Wall – Design interior, exterior, post, or custom load bearing walls
- X-Brace Shear Wall – Design TSN’s innovative StiffWall shearwall system
- Floor Framing – Design 8 standard or custom joist & beam layouts
- Roof Framing – Design 5 standard or custom roof layouts
- Roof Truss – Design 9 standard or custom roof truss layouts
- Moment-Resisting Short Wall – Design interior half walls, strip window framing, & parapet framing
SteelSmart SystemSSS Advanced
- SSS Basic Modules – Includes all design modules included with SSS Basic: Curtain Wall, Loadbearing Wall, X-Brace Shear Wall, Floor Framing, Roof Framing, Roof Truss, and – Moment-Resisting Short Wall
- Lateral Load Generator/Distributor – Automatically generate lateral wind and seismic forces as well as snow loads and transfer them to the X-Brace Shear Wall Module
- Layout & Details Generator – Simplify drawing creation by exporting CAD layouts and details for your design in DXF format
SteelSmart FramerBIM Framing Plugin
- Revit Plugin – Fully integrated 3-D BIM modelling in Autodesk Revit
- Style Based Modeling – Create wall styles with different studs, track, joists, connectors, bridging, or shearwalls
- SSS Design Import – Import Wall Styles & Layouts from SteelSmart System design software
- Detailed Modeling – Easily model every steel stud, track, joist, shear wall, and connector
- Material Takeoff – Export complete material take-off to Excel for the whole structure, plus separate panel lists in separate tabs
- Shop Drawings – Export panel drawings with panel material lists
Learn how to design complete light steel framing connections, sills, and rafters in this double span rafters video using SteelSmart System. This tutorial video is the fourth of six tutorials that will be made available to the industry for self-training purposes. New...
Learn how to design exterior load bearing walls using SteelSmart System. The Steel Network's SigmaStud load-bearing stud is an option within the loadbearing module of SSS 8.0 This tutorial video is the third of six tutorials that will be made available to the industry...
Learn how to design an x-braced single stack shear wall using SteelSmart System. Design complete light steel framing connections for columns, anchors, & bracing using The Steel Network's StiffWall shear wall system. This tutorial video is the second of six...