The powerful Curtain Walls design module enables the user to design non-axial-load-bearing cold formed steel components (members, connectors, and fasteners) in a wide variety of applications. Select from a wide range of templates including openings, simple and complex spans, and cantilevers; or define your own application.
SteelSmart® System will design cold formed steel curtain wall members, connectors, and fasteners in a wide variety of configurations, including single- and double-spans with overhangs, spandrels, and cantilevers in addition to a simple curtain wall configuration. The option of entering a user-defined assembly also exists to meet specific project demands. SteelSmart System’s Curtain Wall design module also includes the capability of quickly designing window or door components.
Design features include considering the effects of punchouts in the steel stud and a design for web crippling, along with providing the ability to differentiate between a Main Wind Force Resistant System and a Component & Cladding System.
Design of wall openings is greatly simplified in SteelSmart System:
- Select from either single, back to back, or toe to toe members to provide the optimal jamb solution.
- Choose from the innovative JamStud® or standard ‘cee’ shapes for the jamb member.
- Opt for headers designed as either single member or box configurations.
- For addressing the vertical deflection of a structure, there is no better option than with VertiClip®, the industry standard for vertical deflection connections.
- If both vertical deflection and lateral drift are required, select from the DriftClip® series to satisfy project requirements.
- The StiffClip® series provides connection solutions for openings, spandrel applications, and web crippling resistance when necessary.
- For wall bridging, select from TSN BridgeBar®, standard cold-rolled channel and clips, TSN BuckleBridge®, or Flat Strap.
- Fasteners designed throughout are products of Hilti Fasteners.
Basic Software Modules
Choose from a wide-variety of common curtain wall applications, such as bypass, infill, spandrel, parapet, and opening conditions. Complete the assembly with TSN's connections and Hilti's fasteners.
Optimize load bearing stud elements in low and mid-rise structures. Select fromStandard sections or the optimal SigmaStudsection.
Shear wall design is simplified with the power of SSS 7. Newly added special seismic design requirements provide clients with multiple design options.
Choose from TSN'sPrimeJoistor Standard sections to quickly select a steel-framed floor system.
Design roof rafters and joists quickly and easily with SteelSmartSystem's Roof Module.
Select from a variety of common trusses, or create your own truss to design the members, connections, fasteners, and lateral bracing elements.
Simplify and optimize the design and construction of a short wall or half wall in residential and commercial cold formed steel framing.
Advanced Software Modules
The Lateral Load Generator/Distributor tool uses the dimensions and load specification for a building and calculates the total lateral wind and seismic loads according to ASCE 7 Standard “Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures”.
Plots framing layout of the wall and adds the connection design data (clip designation, number of fasteners, embedment, and screw pattern) to the typical connection detail. The drawing also includes framing members’ cross-sections and shapes. The drawing can be exported in AutoCAD;DXF format.
BIM Framing Plugin for Revit
SteelSmart® Framer: Framing Plugin for Revit
The SteelSmart® Framer provides engineers and contractors with a powerful tool to better design, estimate, and communicate light steel framing on projects using Autodesk® Revit® Building Information Modeling (BIM) software. Easily model every stud, track, shear walls, and connector. Export complete material take-off for better estimation and planning of your project.
Advanced Structural Analysis
Extreme Loading for Structures Software or ELS, is an advanced non-linear structural analysis software tool designed specifically for structural engineers. ELS allows structural engineers to study the 3D behavior of structures through both the continuum and discrete stages of loading.