SteelSmart Structural Design Software Suite for Light Steel Framing
The SteelSmart® Structural Design Suite provides construction professionals with the structural design software tools engineered for the fast and accurate design and detailing of light steel framing (LSF) studs and connectors. SteelSmart raises the bar for the design and analysis of cold formed steel (CFS) by seamlessly integrating the well-known analytic power of its predecessors with additional functionality and accessibility.
SteelSmart® System (SSS) provides structural engineers with a structural design software tool engineered for optimal design and detailing of light steel framing studs, joists, shear walls, knee walls, roof trusses, roof rafters, openings, and connectors.
SteelSmart® Framer (SSF) provides designers with a powerful tool to better design, estimate, and communicate light steel framing on projects using Autodesk® Revit® Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
SteelSmart Software Packages:
Available as a complete suite, SteelSmart software will streamline light steel framing design and shop drawing production through the design and detailing of members, connections, and fasteners. The following design software modules are available:
SteelSmart SystemSSS Basic
- Curtain Wall – Design non-axial-load-bearing walls
- Load Bearing Wall – Design interior, exterior, post, or custom load bearing walls
- X-Brace Shear Wall – Design TSN’s innovative StiffWall shearwall system
- Floor Framing – Design 8 standard or custom joist & beam layouts
- Roof Framing – Design 5 standard or custom roof layouts
- Roof Truss – Design 9 standard or custom roof truss layouts
- Moment-Resisting Short Wall – Design interior half walls, strip window framing, & parapet framing
SteelSmart SystemSSS Advanced
- SSS Basic Modules – Includes all design modules included with SSS Basic: Curtain Wall, Loadbearing Wall, X-Brace Shear Wall, Floor Framing, Roof Framing, Roof Truss, and – Moment-Resisting Short Wall
- Lateral Load Generator/Distributor – Automatically generate lateral wind and seismic forces as well as snow loads and transfer them to the X-Brace Shear Wall Module
- Layout & Details Generator – Simplify drawing creation by exporting CAD layouts and details for your design in DXF format
SteelSmart FramerBIM Framing Plugin
- Revit Plugin – Fully integrated 3-D BIM modelling in Autodesk Revit
- Style Based Modeling – Create wall styles with different studs, track, joists, connectors, bridging, or shearwalls
- SSS Design Import – Import Wall Styles & Layouts from SteelSmart System design software
- Detailed Modeling – Easily model every steel stud, track, joist, shear wall, and connector
- Material Takeoff – Export complete material take-off to Excel for the whole structure, plus separate panel lists in separate tabs
- Shop Drawings – Export panel drawings with panel material lists
Dive into the latest advancements in cold-formed steel framing design with SteelSmart System 8.5! Developed exclusively for The Steel Network, Inc., this innovative software is packed with new features like the Project concept, enhanced GUI navigation, updated user...
Applied Science International (ASI) is happy to announce the release of SteelSmart System 8.5, a cold-formed steel framing design software developed exclusively for The Steel Network, Inc. (TSN). This innovative steel stud design software provides structural...
SteelSmart System 8.0, developed exclusively for The Steel Network, Inc. (TSN) by Applied Science International, offers designers a premium structural design software tool that streamlines the design and detailing of light steel framing studs, joists, shear walls, and...